- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Cook Time: 45 mins
- Difficulty Level: Easy
About Seviyan Kheer Recipe: With a festive vibe around, there is no better way to celebrate it by indulging into mouthwatering delicacies like Seviyan. Vermicelli or seviyan cooked with milk, cardamom, nuts and sugar to make a thick and delicious Kheer. An easy recipe to prepare at home and serve at the dinner party.
Ingredients Of Seviyan Kheer
- 70 gms vermicelli
- 25 gms pure ghee
- 400 ml milk
- 50 gms grain sugar
- 5 gms green cardamom
- 2 gms cloves
- 20 gms whole almonds
- 10 gms sultanas / kishmish
- for garnishing fresh rose petals
How to Make Seviyan Kheer
- Roughly crush the vermicelli.
- Cut the almonds into thick slices. Soak the sultana/kismis in hot water and set aside.
- Heat the ghee and fry the almonds. Drain and keep aside.
- Lightly fry the cloves and the cardamom and add the vermicelli. Allow to brown lightly.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Simmer on a slow fire till the milk thickens.
- Add sugar and sultanas. Remove from the fire.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Adjust the consistency to a kheer
- Transfer a portion to a serving bowl and garnish with the fried almonds. Can be served warm, at room temperature or cold