About Goan Prawn Curry Recipe: Also known as Ambot Tik, Goan prawn curry has prawns cooked in coconut milk with a spicy gravy made of turmeric, black pepper, vinegar and coconut. A creamy, delicious dish to savour with all your heart!
Ingredients Of Goan Prawn Curry
- 500 Gram Prawns (shelled and de-veined)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- to taste Salt
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 200 gram Onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Green chillies masala
- 4-5 Whole red chillies
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 6 Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Ginger
- 6 Cloves
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
How to Make Goan Prawn Curry
- Prepare prawn masala:
- Grind together all ingredients with vinegar.
- Prepare the curry:
- Dust the prawns with turmeric and salt. Keep aside.
- Then fry onions until light brown.
- Add ground masala and fry. Add prawns and fry until pink.
- Then add some coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and garnish with green chillies.
Key Ingredients: Prawns (shelled and de-veined), Turmeric, Salt, Coconut milk, Onions, Oil, Green chillies masala, Whole red chillies, Coriander, Cumin seeds, Black pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, Cloves, Coconut, Vinegar