- 1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 cup Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds , crushed
- Cooking oil , for deep frying
How to make Methi Pakoras Recipe
- To begin making the Methi Pakoras, sieve both the flours-besan & rice flour together with salt. Add a ladle of hot oil (heated separately for 1 minute) and gently mix with a spoon. Now add the methi leaves, salt, red chilli powder, hing, turmeric powder, ajwain and coriander seeds and mix well.
- Methi leaves would leave out water in 2-3 mins. Add water very slowly and make a thick batter. Once it is done, adjust the spice and salt according to your taste.
- Pour the rest of the oil in a panon medium flame. Once it is hot enough, use a greased spoon or wet hands to drop small pakoras (or bite sized pieces) into the hot oil. Be sure not to overcrowd the frying pan (or kadai).
- Fry on medium heat turning the batch over in the oil occasionally. Fry till golden brown and drain the pakoras on the kitchen towel.
- Fry the rest of the pakoras similarly.
- Serve the Methi Pakoras with hot Masala Chaior Papaya Banana smoothie.