- 100 grams Phool Makhana (Lotus Seeds) , roasted in ghee
- 1/2 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 1 Green Chilli , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- 1 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , chopped
How to make Puffed Lotus Seed Pakoras Recipe – Makhana Pakora
- To begin making the Puffed Lotus Seed Pakoras Recipe, we will first make the pakora batter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together -lotus seeds, besan flour, onion, green chilli, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, coriander leaves,curry leaves.
- Add water little at a time, to make a thick pakora batter. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.
- Preheat the Kuzhi Paniyaram Pan on medium heat; add a few drops of oil into each cavity. Spoon the Lotus Seed Pakoda batter into the cavity and pan-fry them until it is browned and crisp on both sides. You can optionally add just a little more oil to give it additional taste which also makes the pakora a lot more crispy.
- Proceed the same way with the remaining Lotus Seed pakora Batter.
- The process of cooking pakora in a pan preserves nutrition and the addition of Lotus seeds giving an added taste and nutrition for this classic teatime snack.
- Arrange the Lotus Seed pakoda on a serving platter, sprinkle some chaat masala, place some pickled onions by the side and serve it as a snack or as an appetizer for parties.
- Serve the Puffed Lotus Seed Pakoras Recipe along with hot chai with a dipping saucefor your evening tea.