- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Cook Time: 40 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
A rich and tasty tomato based gravy, usually served with chapatti or rice. It is a blend of various spices along with an amazing flavour of cashew nut. The luscious creamy gravy makes this recipe a must have at a dinner party.
Ingredients Of Shahi Mushroom Masala
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 cup Mushroom
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- To prepare Shahi Garam masala:
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 4 Green cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Shahi Jeera
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Black peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp Pathar ke phool
- 1/2 tsp Javitri
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- To prepare the Gravy:
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Onion puree
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Cashewnut paste
- 2 tbsp Cream
How to Make Shahi Mushroom Masala
1. Heat butter and ghee in a pan. Saute well.
2. Add mushroom to the pan for frying.
3. Put some salt and saute well.
Prepare Shahi Garam Masala:
1. In a dry pan, take coriander seeds, cloves, green cardaom, black cardamom and cinnamon along with shahi jeera, cumin seeeds, black peppercorn, pathar ke phool and javitri.
2. Dry roast them for a while and then add ginger powder and nutmeg powder. Mix well and grind them together.
Prepare the gravy:
1. Put some ghee in a pan and add bay leaf and cumin seeds.
2. Saute a bit and add ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
3. Add onion paste to the pan, mix and bring to simmer.
4. Add salt, green chilli and turmeric powder. Mix till you get a yellow paste.
5. Now add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder. Pour some water so the paste is not completely dry. Mix well.
6. Add tomato puree to the paste, keep stirring along and bring it to simmer.
7. Cover the pan and let it cook.
8. Open the pan to boiling gravy. Mix well and add cashewnut paste. Mix further.
9. Now add the prepared shahi garam masala along with cream. Mix well.
10. Put the fried mushrooms to the gravy and stir it thoroughly.
11. Sprinkle some shahi garam masala over the simmering hot mushroom gravy and mix some more.
12. Serve hot with chapatti or rice.
Key Ingredients: Ghee, Butter, Mushroom, Salt, Coriander seeds, Cloves, Green cardamom, Black Cardamom, Cinnamon, Shahi Jeera, Cumin seeds, Black peppercorn, Pathar ke phool, Javitri, Ginger powder, Nutmeg powder, Ghee, Bay leaf, Cumin seeds, Ginger garlic paste, Onion puree, Salt, Green chilli, Turmeric powder, Cumin powder, Coriander powder, Red chilli powder, Water, Tomato puree, Cashewnut paste, Cream