The best dish to be served at dinner parties, Shahi Paneer can be cooked in both white and red gravies. It is more flavorful than other paneer recipes and mostly served on various occasions. It is one of the most popular vegetarian curries in Indian cuisine and can be eaten with roti, naan or rice.
Ingredients Of Shahi Paneer
- 1/3 Cup Melon Seeds, soaked
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 Cup Tomato, pureed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3 Nos Green Chilli , chopped
- Crushed Paneer
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 15 Paneer Cubes
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 Butter cubes
How to Make Shahi Paneer
- 1.Soak the melon seeds in water for about 30 minutes.
- 2.Grind it to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- 3.In a pan heat butter. Make sure that it does not burn.
- 4.Add cumin seeds. When they crackle put ginger to it and cook for few seconds.
- 5.Pour tomato puree and bring to a simmer.
- 6.Now add melon seed paste. Stir well and cook for a minute.
- 7.Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder and green chillis to it.
- 8.Add some crushed paneer for flavor and bring it to a boil on medium flame while adding water to it.
- 9.Put the paneer cubes and coat them well with gravy. Cook for another one minute.
- 10.Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves and butter.
Key Ingredients: Melon Seeds, Butter, Cumin Seeds, Ginger, Tomato, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Green Chilli , Crushed Paneer, Water, Paneer Cubes, Coriander Leaves, Butter cubes